Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Plugging Holes

We spent the evening plugging holes and painting.  There were areas around the outlets upstairs where we could feel the outside air getting in.  The door to the back porch was not sealed up very well (see pictures below); so there was more hole-plugging to do there.


Today, I thought about why I like to paint.  With a simple coat of paint, I can take something old, and ugly and worn-out and make it look new and pretty again.  Painting is a quiet, solitary activity; it is soothing and repetitive and gives me time to contemplate my day.  It is not hard to do, and the results are always so satisfying.  


 I can't wait to dress up my crisp, white kitchen with pretty things.






Ready, set.....

The beer-can hole-plug--Hmmmm.

Holes plugged with steel wool and tin foil.












No comments:

Post a Comment