Saturday, March 2, 2013

Starting Over


The idea of starting over has always seemed appealing to me.  So, last year when my husband (T) and I decided to sell most of our things and move 1000 miles away from our home of 14 years, it was quite exciting.  I am finding out that starting over can be a lot of work, and that I have more feelings of attachment to my "stuff" than I would like to admit.  

T and I have recently purchased a 700 square foot cabin in the woods that we like to call The Nobel House: a tribute to the former owners.  As we prepare to move into our little home, we are purging yet again.  It is quite a thing to look at every little "thing" that you own and ask yourself, "Do I really need this?  Why do I own it in the first place?  Will I ever use it?", etc

I am sharing some photos today of myself and my family preparing our "starting-over home" for move-in day.




 The Nobel House




The Bedroom






 Bath








 Kitchen (with nasty counter top that must go!)





 Our first meal in the Nobel House (chili dogs, delivered to us by 
my friend, Kylee.)

 

 Ripping up nasty, old carpet.


 Getting rid of the ugly counter top.



 

 Painting and Scraping.








1 comment: