Monday, April 1, 2013

Discovery

As the snow melts (and it is almost gone), we are discovering all kinds of treasures.  We have found a double-bitted axe, a clevis, a shop vise, an antique hoof knife, two wheel barrows, a pitchfork, and an adze to name a few.  Do you know what all of those things are?  I didn't know, until T. told me. (=  We have also come upon six stepping stones that were obscured by long grass in the yard. 

Today, after work, T. walked around the property taking pictures of all the fences that need repair.  I think we have quite a bit of work cut out for us this summer!











I don't know what other people see when they look at this, but I see beauty.  I love the colors and smells of fir trees and sage.  I love seeing moss growing in the trees and on fence posts.  And I especially love solitude.  It is so good to come home to our little place each evening and enjoy these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment