This Saturday, after being lazy for awhile, T. and I drove to town for a Lion's sponsored Fly-In Breakfast at the local airport. It was delicious, and fun to see people coming and going in their personal airplanes. We met one of the pilots, and listened while a couple of elderly military veterans reminisced about airborne exploits in their younger days. Good times!
Well, we have come up with a list of improvements we want to make to our cabin this summer:
1. Tear off the front porch and build an enclosed porch in its place.
2. Tear off the back porch and build a 10 x 10 laundry/mud room in its place.
3. Build a deck off of the back porch with a hot tub.
4. Pour a side walk out to the parking area.
5. Clean up and smooth out the parking area and bring in gravel to park on.
6. Built a shed/lean-to on the end of the bunkhouse to put our upright freezer
I'm sure there's more, but that is what I can think of at the moment. So, we have a very busy summer ahead of us. I will probably not be blogging as often; but I will include posts to show improvements as they happen.
For now, here are a few photos of how the yard is coming along.
|Fledgling tomato plants (a gift from my in-laws.)|
|Brownie and The Mare enjoying their breakfast.|
|The rhubarb is doing well.|
I hope all of you are having a great summer. We are loving it!